ESTATE AGENCY EVENTS LTD BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Estate Agency Events Ltd (company number 03768013) whose registered address is BT, Bryn Yorkin Manor, Bryn Yorkin Lane Caergwrle Wrexham, LL12 9HT (“we”, “us”, “our”). These terms apply each time you purchase a login or place for an event organised by us. Please read these terms carefully before placing your order. From time to time, it may be necessary for us to change these terms and conditions. The terms as published on our website are the most up to date.
- To book tickets / logins for the EA Masters event app, please complete and submit the booking form on our website at eamasters.co.uk/tickets.
- Refunds are not available.
- There are limited places for the event and places are allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Confirmation of your booking will be sent to you by email. Your place at the event is not guaranteed until you have received this email.
- The fees for your attendance at the event will be as displayed on the website. The fees are exclusive of VAT, which will be added at the point of payment. Fees may be subject to change up until the point at which you book your place.
- Only suppliers that have purchased a Platinum, VIP, Gold or Silver sponsorship package are eligible to attend the EA Masters. We make no guarantees of availability.
- Suppliers that have purchased a Platinum, VIP or Gold sponsorship package may purchase additional tickets, to be used for estate agents by agreement with Estate Agency Events Ltd. They may not purchase them for other suppliers.
- The fees for the event shall be paid by you in full and cleared funds when you place your order. If, in our absolute discretion, we have agreed instead to raise an invoice in relation to the fees, payment must be made by you no later than 7 days after the date of our invoice. If we do not have cleared funds, you will not be admitted to the event.
- From time to time we may offer promotions in respect of certain events. Such promotions may be subject to terms and conditions so please ensure you check these. In some cases, you may be required to enter a promotional code when placing your order to benefit from the promotion. Only one promotional code can be used per booking and it may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount.
- The intellectual property rights in any materials distributed by us during the EA Masters shall be owned exclusively by us, or our licensor. You shall only have the right to use such materials to the extent necessary to take part in the event. It is expressly forbidden to make or download video recordings or to capture images using screen grabs, photography or any other form of screen capture from the event or any part of it.
- The events will be streamed live on the day and will be recorded and made available by us post- event for the purposes of advertising and sales of on-demand recordings. You accept that by attending the event, your comments and interactions on the event platform will be captured and available for others to see.
- You accept that there may be circumstances in which it is necessary for us to make changes to the content or agenda, or the speakers and you shall not be entitled to a refund in such circumstances.
- In the unlikely event that we have to cancel the event it will be rescheduled, and your ticket / login will be valid for the revised date. If you cannot make the revised date, you shall be entitled to provide alternative attendee name(s). You will not be entitled to a refund.
- We cannot accept any liability or responsibility for any information, opinion, recommendation, or material shared, displayed, or otherwise distributed in relation to the event. You acknowledge that you will be solely responsible for the consequences if you choose to rely on such information, opinion, recommendation, or material. Neither can we accept any liability or responsibility for any inappropriate comments made by delegates in areas such as the live chat or video chat on the event app.
- It is expressly forbidden to publish inappropriate comments during the event for example on the live chat, video chat or other tools. You will be removed from the event if you publish comments that are deemed by Us to be inappropriate.
- Except for liability for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, we shall have no liability however arising out of or in connection with these terms or an event held by us for indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered by you and in any event our entire liability to you for any direct losses you suffer, shall not exceed the amount of the actual fees paid by you to us to attend the event.
- If you are unable to attend the event you have bought a ticket for, you are not entitled to a refund, but you can give your ticket to someone else employed by your company to attend in your place, provided that you notify us of this in advance and subject to our approval.
- At the point of registering delegate details, we request permission to share delegate details with supplier sponsors in order that they can contact them with information about services and products that may be of interest. If you do not want your details or those of your delegates to be shared with them, do not opt in.
- We may promote your company’s attendance at the event on social media.
- These terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law. You and we irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
1 IMPORTANT NOTICE
1.1 These terms apply to your use of the EA Masters website at www.eamasters.co.uk (“the event website”) and the EA Masters event platform (“the event platform”)
1.3 If you become a sponsor at the EA Masters, please also refer to the sponsor Terms and Conditions included within your contract.
1.4 By accessing or using the event website and/or event app you confirm you have read, understood and agree to be legally bound by these terms and our Privacy and Cookies Policies in their entirety each time you access the website. If you do not agree to these terms and the Privacy and Cookies Policies, please do not use the event website or event app.
2 INFORMATION ABOUT US
2.1 The event website is operated by Estate Agency Events Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”). Estate Agency Events Ltd which is registered in England and Wales under company number 03768013 and our registered office is at BT, Bryn Yorkin Manor, Bryn Yorkin Lane Caergwrle Wrexham, LL12 9HT. Our VAT number is 813595421.
3 USE OF THE EVENT WEBSITE
3.1 You may use the event website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the event website in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or which is in any way unlawful or fraudulent.
3.2 You are allowed to access, download and print the materials on this site for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
3.3 You must not:
3.3.1 access or print any or all parts of the website for any commercial purpose;
3.3.2 copy (including storing and downloading), distribute, publish, alter, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise use the material on this website, either in whole or in part except as expressly permitted above;
3.3.3 remove any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property notices;
3.3.4 use the website to transmit or procure the sending of any unsolicited or unauthorised spam or advertising material;
3.3.5 seek to interfere or damage the website or its content;
3.3.6 frame, harvest or link to this website or its content or use the material on this website, or any part of it, on any other website or social media platform; without first obtaining express written consent from us.
4 LENGTH OF SERVICES & UNSUBSCRIBING
The General Terms & Conditions apply throughout the User’s period of usage of the Event App.
Users are subscribed to Services delivered via the Event App throughout the time their Account is open.
Users can unsubscribe by deleting their account at any time in the App. This takes immediate effect and leads to the User’s Account and data being automatically deleted.
5.1 We endeavour to ensure that the material contained on the event website and event app is accurate and complete at the date first published. However, we cannot guarantee this and you should recognise that information contained on the event website and event app may become out of date over time.
5.2 We reserve the right to alter, remove or update materials and information on the event website and event platform at any time without notice.
5.3 The event website and event app and the information contained on them is provided for your use “as is” without any warranty (whether express or implied) of any kind.
6 AVAILABILITY OF THE EVENT WEBSITE AND EVENT APP
6.1 We reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of the event website and/or event app or close one or both of them indefinitely without notice. Access may be terminated or suspended either in relation to specific users or to all users.
6.2 To the extent permitted by law we accept no liability if the event website becomes or event app are either temporarily or permanently unavailable.
6.3 In addition, we do not warrant that the functions or materials on, or accessed from the event website or event app shall be uninterrupted or free from errors.
7 CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
7.1 We reserve the right to change these terms at any time without notice.
7.2 It is your responsibility to check the terms regularly in order to be aware of any changes which are made to them.
7.3 By continuing to access the event website and/or event app after the terms have changed, you are agreeing that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the updated terms.
8 OWNERSHIP OF THE EVENT WEBSITE
8.1 We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the event website and in the materials which appear on the event website. This includes but is not limited to the text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, designs, written and other material including the program and code. Our rights include trademarks, copyright, design rights and all other intellectual property rights and all our rights are reserved.
8.2 If you acquire any rights in or to the website or materials on it, you agree to assign those rights, on a worldwide basis, to us and unconditionally and irrevocably to waive all moral rights you may have acquired.
9 VIRUSES AND HACKING
9.1 We do not warrant that the event website or event platform, its content or the server(s) that make it available are error or virus free or free of other harmful components or that your use of this website will be uninterrupted. You are accessing the event website and/or event platform at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law and subject to clause 11.1 we will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of viruses or other harmful material which you access from this website.
9.2 You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have suitable equipment and security and virus protection in place before using the website.
9.3 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server computer or database connected to our website.
9.4 You must not introduce viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, spyware, adware or other harmful materials to this website which may adversely affect the operation of any computer or program or this website.
10 LINKING TO AND FROM THE EVENT WEBSITE & EVENT APP
10.1 This event website and event app may contain links to sites operated by third parties. We have not reviewed and do not review such sites and are not responsible for the content of these sites nor accept any liability howsoever arising in respect of any of such sites.
10.2 The presence of links to third party sites is not intended to and shall not constitute a recommendation by us of such sites nor of any advice or information posted on them.
10.3 If you wish to provide a hypertext or other link to or from this website, you will first need to obtain our written consent. We have sole discretion to permit or reject any such requests. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following information:
10.3.1 the URL(s) of the web page(s) from which you are proposing to link to this website; or
10.3.2 the URL(s) of the web page(s) on this website to which you are proposing to link and we will consider your request.
11 USER RESPONSIBILITY AND OBLIGATIONS
Without prejudice to the other obligations contained in these General Terms & Conditions, the User undertakes to adhere to the following:
11.1 When using the services, the User undertakes to adhere to these General Terms & Conditions, as well as the law and regulations in force, and to not infringe the rights of third parties or public order.
The user alone is responsible for their usage of the Event Website and Event Platform
11.2 The User undertakes to provide Estate Agency Events Ltd with all the information needed to properly deliver the Services. In a more general sense, the User undertakes to cooperate actively with Estate Agency Events Ltd with a view to the proper implementation of the General Terms and Conditions.
11.3 The User alone is responsible for the documents, details, data, information and any content that it provides to Estate Agency Events Ltd and which is exchanged with the provider of the Event App. The User guarantees to Estate Agency Events Ltd that it is authorized to provide this information and that it has all the rights and authorization needed to use this information within the framework of the Services.
11.4 The User states that they have acquainted themselves with the Event App and its features.
11.5 The User alone is responsible for their behaviour whilst attending the virtual event on the Event App and undertakes to adhere to the general conditions stipulated here.
11.6 The User alone is responsible for their usage of the Event App and notably for the contacts they may forge with other Delegates and Sponsors with whom they may enter into contact, and for the information that the User sends them via the App.
11.7 The User undertakes to make strictly personal usage of the Event Website. Consequently, the User shall refrain from assigning, ceding or transferring all or some of its rights and obligations under this agreement to a third party, in any manner.
11.8 The User alone is responsible for all the content of any kind (text, graphical, audio, audiovisual and other content types) that it publishes on the Event Website (hereafter the Content) and for any resulting repercussions.
The User accepts that the Content published on the Event Website is made public by default and may be viewed by other Users.
11.9 The User warrants to Estate Agency Events Ltd that it has all the rights and authorizations required to disseminate this Content. The User warrants that this Content is lawful, does not contravene public order, morality or the rights of third parties, does not breach any legislative or regulatory provision, and more generally, cannot in any way result in civil or criminal liability for Estate Agency Events Ltd.
The user shall therefore refrain from disseminating, notably but not limited to:
- child pornography, pornography, defamatory, abusive, racist, obscene, indecent, shocking, violent, xenophobic or revisionist Content,
- infringing content,
- Content that violates a third party’s image,
- Content that is false, misleading or proposes or promotes illegal, fraudulent or misleading activities,
- and more generally Content that may infringe the rights of third parties or be detrimental to third parties, in any manner or form.
12 USER GUARANTEE
The User holds Estate Agency Events Ltd harmless against any complaints, claims, actions and/or demands of any kind that it may face due to the breach by the User of any of its obligations or guarantees under the terms of these General Terms & Conditions.
The User undertakes to compensate Estate Agency Events Ltd for any damage that it may suffer and to pay all of its fees, expenses and/or penalties that it may incur as a result.
13 PROHIBITED BEHAVIOUR
13.1 It is strictly prohibited to use the Event Website for the following ends:
- carrying out activities that are illegal, fraudulent or that infringe the rights or security of third parties,
- violating public order or laws and regulations in force,
- hacking into the IT system of a third party or any activity that aims to harm, control, interfere with or intercept all or part of a third party’s information system, violate its integrity or security,
- action taken to improve the seo of a third party site,
- assisting with or inciting, in any manner or form whatsoever, one or more of the acts and activities described above,
- and more generally, any actions that use the Services for purposes other than that for which they have been designed.
13.2 It is strictly prohibited for Users to copy and/or utilize for their own ends or those of third parties the concept, technologies, all or part of the data or any other component part of the Application.
13.3 The following is also strictly forbidden: (i) any behaviour that would interrupt, suspend, slow down or prevent Service continuity, (ii) any hacking or attempts to hack into the Event Platform’s systems, (iii) any hijacking of the Application’s system resources, (iv) any actions that would place a disproportionate load on the Event Platform infrastructure, (v) any attempts to breach the security and authentication systems, (vi) any acts that could infringe the financial, business or moral interests and rights of Estate Agency Events Ltd or Users of the Event Platform, and finally and more generally (vii) any breaches of these General Terms & Conditions.
13.4 It is strictly forbidden to make money from, sell or cede all or part of the access to the Services or Application, and to the information hosted and/or shared on it.
14 PENALTIES FOR BREACHES
In the event of a breach of any of the provisions of the General Terms & Conditions, or more generally, any violation of laws and regulations by the User, Estate Agency Events Ltd reserves the right to take all appropriate measures and notably to:
- suspend, remove or prevent access to Services by a User who has committed a breach or violation, or who has taken part in one,
- delete any Content linked to the breach or violation in question, fully or partially,
- take all appropriate measures and instigate any legal proceedings,
- notify the relevant authorities where applicable, and cooperate with them and provide them with all the information they need for their investigation and to suppress illegal or illicit activities.
Each party undertakes to keep strictly confidential the other party’s documents, details, data and information which it receives and which will be clearly marked by the other party as being confidential.
All of this information is hereafter referred to as the Confidential Information.
The party receiving the Confidential Information undertakes not to disclose this information without the other party’s prior agreement, for a period of three (3) years starting from the end of the delivery of the Services in question. The receiving party cannot pass on the information to employees, co-workers, interns or consultants unless they are bound by the same confidentiality obligation as the one contained in this agreement. This obligation does not cover documents, details, data and information:
(i) with which the receiving party was already acquainted.
(ii) already in the public domain when sent or which would become public without any violations of these General Terms & Conditions.
(iii) received lawfully from a third party.
(iv) required by the legal authorities in application of laws and regulations or with a view to establishing the rights of one of the parties under these General Terms & Conditions.
16 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The systems, software, structure, infrastructure, databases, codes and content of any kind (templates, text, images, visuals, music, logos, trademarks, databases etc) used on the Event Website are protected by any intellectual property rights and database producer rights in force. Any dismantling, decompilation, decoding, extraction, reuse, copying and more generally, any reproduction, representation, dissemination and usage of any of these elements, either in full or partially is strictly forbidden and may lead to legal action being taken.
17 USER PERSONAL DATA
Estate Agency Events Ltd undertakes to comply with data protection regulations and in particular with EU regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council of 27 April 2016 (General Data Protection Regulation). (Hereafter the GDPR).
Estate Agency Events Ltd implements a personal data protection policy. Its characteristics are explained in the Confidentiality Policy. The User is expressly invited to peruse the document.
Estate Agency Events Ltd guarantees that their sub-processors who may collect and process personal data on its behalf as part of the provision of the services implement the appropriate technical and organizational methods to ensure compliance with the GDPR and more generally with personal data regulations.
The Event App User is informed and agrees to sharing with Estate Agency Events Ltd the data that appears in their Account and the data relating to their participation in the Event.
This information is needed for the Event App to work. The Application aims to enable users to share content and easily connect with each other before, during and after the Event, in order to expand their professional network.
18 LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Estate Agency Events Ltd cannot under any circumstances be held liable for the technical availability of websites run by third parties (including any partners) which the User may access via the Event Platform.
Estate Agency Events Ltd does not assume any liability for the content, adverts, products and/or services available and Users are reminded that third party sites are governed by their own terms and conditions of use.
Estate Agency Events Ltd is not responsible for relationships between the Attendees and Exhibitors to whom Users may be directed via the Event Platform and will not take part in any disputes whatsoever with these third parties, particularly concerning Event participation, guarantees, declarations or any other obligations whatsoever to which these third parties may be bound.
Any User who makes use of the services after the amended General Terms & Conditions have taken effect is deemed to have accepted the amendments.
If the General Terms & Conditions are translated into one or more languages, in the event of a contradiction or dispute about the meaning of a term or provision, the French language version will be used to interpret the agreement
20 OUR LIABILITY
20.1 If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for any loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if they were an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by you and us at the time you accepted accessed or used the event website or event platform and accepted these terms in doing so. We do not accept liability for any loss or damage which was not foreseeable.
20.2 To the extent we may lawfully do so we exclude liability for any implied terms and conditions including those implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
20.3 However, nothing in these terms shall affect our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, nor our liability for fraud or serious misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
20.4 Nothing in these terms affects your legal rights as a consumer. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
21.1 If any of the terms is or becomes invalid or contravenes any law then the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
21.2 It is intended that the event website and/or event platform will be used by persons resident in the United Kingdom.
21.3 These Terms are governed by English law. You and we both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
21.4 No waiver shall constitute a waiver of any other terms. No failure by us to exercise a remedy shall constitute a waiver to subsequently exercise any remedy.